Listed below are telephone numbers to call if you find a seal in trouble. If any of the numbers go out of use or if you know of any we should add please drop us an e-mail.
Before phoning for help write down as much detail as you can, especially as accurate a location as possible for the seal in distress. Remember to have a pen ready as many sanctuaries are run by one or two volunteers and you may get a recorded message giving an alternative telephone number.
If you find any dead seals please e-mail SOSF with the details.
Should you have problems getting help from the numbers on our list you can contact us on 01389-841-639 or call the Animal Concern Advice Line on 01389-84-11-11.
- British Divers Marine Life Rescue (cover most of the UK): 01634-281680.
- Hessilhead Wildlife Rescue Trust (Ayrshire): 01505-502415.
- Hillswick Wildlife Sanctuary (Shetland): 01806-503348.
- Hunstanton Seal Sanctuary, Norfolk: 01485-533576.
- Islay & Jura Seal Sanctuary: 01496-302558.
- Irish Seal Sanctuary: 01835-4370.
- National Seal Sanctuary (Gweek, Cornwall): 01326-221361.
- Norfolk Seal & Bird Rescue: 01692-650338.
- Oban Seal Sanctuary at Sea Life Centre: 01631-720386.
- Orkney Seal Rescue: 01856-831463.
- RSPCA Seal Hospital (Norfolk): 0300-1230709.
- RSPCA (all other areas in England & Wales): 0300-1234999.
- Skye Environment Centre (Wildlife Rescue): 01471-822487.
- The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre(Northumberland): 01670 791778
- Highland Wildlife Hospital Trust: 01854-612166.
- Wild Aid (London): 0203 239 7317.
- Wildlife Rescue (North Uist): 01876-560287.
- Montrose Area Marine Life Rescue: 07904891864.
- Scottish SPCA 03000 999 999.
Page 1 2